top of page
Brain & Body Developmental Integration
Your brain gets information about your environment through your feet and your eyes. The brain uses this information to control your muscle tone and your joint alignment!
▪ If there are imbalances in your feet or your eyes, the information that is sent to your brain is weakened or inaccurate. Unfortunately, your brain depends on the incoming information regardless of its quality! As such, inaccurate information leads to poor muscle tone and poor joint alignment. This results in poor posture.
▪ Overtime this poor posture can cause pain, injury, digestive issues, hormonal imbalance, poor performance, and/or a number of cognitive deficits.
▪ Posturology is the medical science which studies the consequence on the proprioceptive system linked to wrong systematic body position. It allows us to evaluate the sensory entries that aren’t working optimally (foot, eye, jaw, scars) so that we can have an impact on your imbalances which are causing you pain. The central nervous system is at the core of Posturology’s focus. It is the missing link where all other therapies have failed.
▪ Through Posturology, we can address the mechanical factor by optimizing the function of the tendons, joints and skin so that your body can, in turn, help you contract muscles properly.
A series of Balance/Auditory/Vision eXercises, of varied complexity, all of which are deeply rooted in rhythm.
Our left brain relies on logic. It analyzes, structures and sequences. Our right brain is based on quick perception and emotions. We all have a hemispheric dominance of the brain.
Our hemispheric dominance determines the way we read, we hear, we move. Over reliance on either side of the brain can affect our ability to learn and hence lead to the hindrance of children’s overall development.
The rhythmic audio-visual movements of Bal-A-Vis-X are meant to synchronize and harmonize. They are an act of integration between the hemispheres. The motions crossover each half, purposefully. The objective is to create competency on both sides so the ‘switchover’ can happen seamlessly when the situation calls for it.
By training the left and right brains to coordinate better through Bal-A-Vis-X exercises, studies have shown that children demonstrate improvements in their hand-eye coordination, balance, stability and mobility. Having better manipulation between the
two hemispheres of the brains is beneficial to children not only mentally but also physically.
Bal-A-Vis-X is a series of some 300 exercises, most of which are done with sand-filled bags and/or racquetballs, often while standing on a Bal-A-Vis-X balance board. Requiring multiple thousands of mid-line crossings in three dimensions, these exercises are steadily rhythmic, with a pronounced auditory foundation, executed at a pace that naturally results from proper physical techniques. Bal-A-Vis-X enables the whole mind-body system to experience the symmetrical flow of a pendulum.
Sports / Athletics Optimisation
Marinovich Training Systems is a scientifically-based program that defines what constitutes excellence in athletic performance, remediates the athlete’s deficiencies and imbalances, and challenges the body to excel through a stimulating multi-modality approach.
▪ Our neurological system has a tendency to stagnate in its responses. The distinguishing characteristic of Marinovich Training Systems is the neuromuscular stimulation as we challenge the athlete with a systematic and sequential program, resulting in dramatic improvement in sports speed, power, quickness, grace, sports-specific skill and overall athleticism
▪ The goal of this cutting-edge training is to raise the athlete’s Physical IQ, or Performance Quotient, by developing sports-relevant strength and technical mastery through precision of movement, the intensification of key joint actions, and the refinement of the body’s kinesthetic sensory system. The training draws from vast proven methods to accurately challenge the athlete with unique exercises specifically chosen to enhance the essential elements for success in the athlete’s sport.
bottom of page