top of page
Counselling psychology is a general practice and health service provider specialty in professional psychology. It focuses on how people function both personally and in their relationships at all ages.
Counselling psychology addresses the emotional, social, work, school and physical health concerns people may have at different stages in their lives.
Problems addressed by Counselling psychology include, but are not limited to:
• School and career/work adjustment concerns.
• Making decisions about career and work and dealing with school‐work‐ retirement transitions.
• Relationship difficulties‐including marital and family difficulties.
• Learning and skill deficits.
• Anxiety and stress management and coping with negative life events. • Organizational problems.
• Dealing with and adjusting to physical disabilities, disease, or injury.
• Personal/social adjustment.
• The development of one’s identity.
• Persistent difficulties with relating to other people in general.
• Mental disorders.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Energy or QI is the essential life force that flows through all of nature. This Energy is the vitality that gives life and direction to all matter. We believe that a balanced movement of QI has the power to strengthen, energise and heal the body.
When we diagnose an illness in TCM, an excess or deficiency of QI will be used to indicate a disorder of an organ. TCM practitioners ask all sorts of questions during a diagnosis, as we understand that thinking, feeling, metabolism and hormones can influence the Organ Qi. In other words, being QI deficient, may affect your health.
Deep breathing is one of the best ways to lower stress in the body.
This is because when you breathe deeply, it sends a message to your brain to calm down and relax. The brain then sends this message to your body. Those things that happen when you are stressed, such as increased heart rate, fast breathing, and high blood pressure, all decrease as you breathe deeply to relax.
▪ The way you breathe affects your whole body. Breathing exercises are a good way to relax, reduce tension, and relieve stress.
▪ Breathing exercises are easy to learn. You can do them whenever you want, and you don't need any special tools or equipment to do them.
▪ You can do different exercises to see which work best for you.
bottom of page